Common Admission Test CAT 2017 conducted by IIMs is the most popular MBA entrance exam in India. The nineteen Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are offering for MBA Admission 2017-18 on the basis of CAT Result several B-Schools in India have released application forms for taking admission through CAT 2017 scores or percentile.
Complete details of CAT 2017 such as registration, admit card and result.
Important event CAT 2017 Dates
|Publication Notification of CAT 2017||Last week of July 2017|
|CAT 2017 Registration||First week of August 2017|
|CAT 2017 release Admit Card||Last week of October 2017|
|Date of exam||Last week of November 2017|
CAT is a computer based test with 3 sections. Questions were asked to test candidate’s aptitude & determining merit for MBA and PGDM Admissions.
Registration CAT 2017
The online application form of CAT is made available for almost eight weeks. All eligible Candidates who fulfilled the CAT 2017 Eligibility criteria may fill up online application form.
The application fee for various categories is.
Category Fee (expected)
General or OBC-NC Rs 1600
SC, ST and PWD Rs 800
Registration or scheduling started in August or ended in September 2017. All eligible Candidates were not allowed to make any changes to your profile, application and test schedule after the last date. All registered eligible candidates attended their most scheduled session or were asked to bring along their recent Admit Card of CAT 2017 exam on test day. Candidates were encouraged to watch Test Day Procedures video on official website www.iimcat.ac.in before coming for the test.
Also Check: CAT 2017 Syllabus >>
CAT 2017 Eligibility
- The eligible candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks. equivalent CGPA (45% of the eligible candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Persons with Disability (PWD) and Differently Abled (DA) category).
- All eligible Candidates appearing for final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification exams or those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can apply.
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on procedure certified by university or institution from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the eligible candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on practice followed by the university or institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
- In case the university or institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the eligible candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA or multiplying the result with 100.
Exam Pattern CAT 2017
CAT was held as online computer based test. Rough sheets or pen were provided at the exam centre. Duration of the exam was 180 minutes. There were objective descriptive type questions.
|Section||No. of questions|
|Quantitative aptitude (QA)||34|
|Data interpretation & logical reasoning (DILR)||32|
|Verbal & reading comprehension (VRC)||34|
3 marks are assigned for the correct answer, no marks for wrong and no attempt.
The scoring scheme for multiple-choice questions is
- Each correct answer is awarded 3 marks.
- No marks are given or deducted for un-attempted questions.
- An incorrect answer fetches 1.
Overview of Common Admission Test 2017
A few key points about importance of the exam
- The all India test is organised by IIMs shall be held as per schedule.
- The CAT 2017 Result are used to determine eligibility for admission in PGDM/ MBA colleges/universities.
- Followed by the call from the institute based on CAT 2017 scores, group discussions or personal interviews are held.
Please note that each IIM shortlists eligible candidates for its 2nd stage of selection which can be different for each IIM. The process can include Written Ability Test, Group Discussions (GD) or Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs can use previous academic performance of candidates, relevant work experience or other similar inputs in short listing or rank of candidates at various stages of the admission process.
Reservation in IIMs
|Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC)||15.00%|
|Candidates of Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50%|
|Candidates of Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27.00%|
|Candidates of Differently Abled (DA)||3.00%|
This page is being updated with information regarding the CAT 2017.