Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE): GATE 2018 is an all India exam that primarily tests a comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate (UG) subjects in engineering or technology is an all India exams that primarily tests of various undergraduate UG subjects in Engineering or Technology. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee and IIT Madras) on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE, Department of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
IIT Roorkee is the organizing Institute for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018.
The GATE score of applicant reflects a relative performance level in a particular paper in the examination across several years
The score is used for admissions to postgraduate (UP) engineering programs (M.E., M.Tech, or direct Ph.D.) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies.
Admission to postgraduate (PG) programs with MHRD or some other govt. Scholarship/assistantship at engineering institutes/colleges in the country are open to those who qualify through GATE 2018. GATE qualified applicants with Bachelor degree in Engineering / Pharmacy or Master degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Technology/ Architecture / Statistics / Computer Applications are eligible for Master / Technology / Architecture / Doctoral programs in Engineering / Pharmacy as well as for Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science. To avail the financial assistance (scholarship), the applicant must additionally secure admission to such a PG program, as per the prevailing procedure of the admitting institution. GATE 2018 qualification, however, it is not required for applicants with Master degree in Engineering / Architecture / Technology / Pharmacy who may be seeking scholarship/assistantship for relevant doctoral programs.
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants with any of the following qualifications criteria are eligible for GATE.
- Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering or Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Eligible applicants must have Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5-year course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree of the 4-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Applicants must have Master’s degree in any branch of Mathematics / Statistics / Science / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such program.
- 4 year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology and those in the 4th or higher year of such programs.
- 4 year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B. Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or those in the 2nd or higher year of such programs.
- 5 year Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years Integrated B.Sc./ M.Sc. degree or those in the final year of such programs.
- Applicants with qualifications obtained through exam conducted by professional societies recognized by AICTE /UPSC as equivalent to B. Tech. / B.E. Those who have completed Section-A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are eligible
GATE 2018 Pattern
It is obligatory to have a look on the examination pattern before the actual exam. The GATE 2018 Paper Pattern helps the applicant to know the duration of examination, mode or marking scheme for the same.
- The examination will be held in the online mode.
- The quest in the exam will be MCQs and Numerical ques.
- The answers to the Numerical quest are to be calculated by using the online virtual calculator.
- There is a penalty of 0.33 marks for 1 mark quest. and 0.66 marks for 2 marks ques.
- No negative marking for numerical ques.
Note: Exam for all the papers shall be conducted in online mode only
GATE 2018 Registration
Interested applicants can go through the eligibility criteria of GATE 2018 or then fill the online application form. Scanned hard copy of photograph or signature has to be uploaded, and application fee may be paid online or by Challan. A period of around one month is given to complete the process.
GATE 2018 registration process steps:
- Read the application form of GATE at the official site www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
- Enter details asked in the GATE registration form such as name, date of birth, email ID, and Mobile No.
- Next step for filling the GATE application form is to upload the photograph, signature, and other documents.
- Pay the Application Fee as suitable to the category, which complete form submission.
GATE 2018 Important Dates
|Date of Notification:||June 2017|
|Application Filling, or Application Submission:||September 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application:||October 2017|
|Last Date for Change in the Choice of Exam City via GOAPS Login:||November 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application:||January 2018|
|GATE 2017 Online Exam Dates:||February 2018|
|Announcement of GATE Results on the Online Application Website:||March 2018|
|The Final Schedule shall be displayed on the website.|
GATE 2018 Application Fee and Payment Options:
- Women applicants Rs. 750/-
- SC/ST/PWD Category applicants Rs.750/-
- All other applicants Rs.1500/-
For GATE 2018 Payments through online by using the debit card or net banking or debit card or eChallan facilities.
Important Websites All applicants must apply Online. Further details or Online Application Form may be obtained by accessing any of the GATE 2018 zonal website
- IIT Bombay (gate.iitb.ac.in)
- IISc Bangalore (gate.iisc.ernet.in)
- IIT Delhi (gate.ittd.ac.in)
- IIT Guwahati (iitg.enent.in/gate)
- IIT Madras (gate.iitm.ac.in)
- IIT Kharagpur (gate.iitkgp.ac.in)
- IIT Roorkee (gate.iitr.enert.in)
- IIT Kanpur (iitk.ac.in)
If any doubt about GATE 2018 Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria etc. Please leave comments below…