UPCMET 2017 (Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test) is organized by Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association for admission to MBBS program at its participating medical institutes. The examination will be conducted in the month of May, 2017 or application form gets announced in the month of October, 2016. Applicants seeking admission to MBBS course through UPCMET 2017 then should go through this article for complete information.
Eligibility Criteria for UPCMET 2017
Applicants should be a resident of India.
Minimum age of applicants should be 17 years as on December 31, 2017.
Applicants should be Passed 10+2 or its equivalent from UP Board /ISC /CBSE with Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English or obtained minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General/OBC applicants and 45% for SC/ST applicants.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Online submission or download or Purchase of application form begins from: October, 2016
Last dates for application form submission: May, 2017
Entrance exam date May, 2017
Declaration of result: 2nd Week of June 2017
Counseling process date: 1st week of July, 2017.
How to Apply for UPCMET 2017
- Applicants can download the application form from the official portal.
- Application form can be obtained from any of participating institutes or colleges on payment of Rs.1050/. The payment of fee should be in favor of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly.
- Applicants are also allowed to obtain form via post from “Coordinator – UPCMET 2017, 1st Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001”. In this case, applicants will be required to send a DD amounting Rs. 1050/- to the concerned authority.
- It is possible to fill up the application form in online and remit the fee through net banking, debit/credit card.
- At the last, applicants need to take print out of confirmation page.
Go through the exam pattern of UPCMET 2017 given below:
- The test will be conducted in offline pen or paper mode.
- The question paper will be in English only.
- There will be total 250 questions. Paper 1 will contain 200 marks where paper 2 is of 50 marks.
- Paper 1 (Zoology – 50, Physics – 50, Chemistry – 50, Botany – 50).
- Paper 2 (General English – 50).
- Mark for each correct answer plus 1 mark
- Mark for each wrong answer: 1/ 4 (0.25) mark
UPCMET 2017 Admit Card
You can download your UPCMET admit card from the official portal in the month of April, 2017. Without admit card you can’t enter into examination center, so obtain this document within the given deadline.
UPCMET 2017 Result
The respective authority will publish the UPCMET exam result in the month of June, 2017. Talking about the cutoff % for Paper Ist and IInd is 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC category applicants).
Counseling process UPCMET 2017 will be conducted in offline mode and all successful applicants will have to attend process individually on the exact date and time.
U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association
Ist Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Anand Ashram,
Rampur Garden, Bareilly (Uttar Pradesh)
Official Website: http://www.upumcwa.org/index_ug.htm